Camera angles and shots project blog post.



 1. Close up.


Close-up is a camera angle at which the camera is shown closely at the characters or persons face. This is usually intended to show great detail or features to the person watching the movie of the characters expressions that are currently being shown on the screen. What I think about this shot is that it’s sort of decent it shows great detail about how the character looks during the moment of the scene, however for me it mostly depends on the context on how and where it’s taken. So for this specific shot I took of myself I find it sort of bland in my opinion compared to the others shots I had taken. Not really an issue but I feel like I could have got a better shot than this.

2. Point of view shot.



Point of view is a camera angle is a first person perspective of what the character sees, it’s intention is that usually a POV is used as a persons eyes to show them and the viewer what they see in front of them. I like this shot because it makes you feel like the character in a way due to how the shot is taken in our usual perspectives of what we normally and realistically see. It’s one of my favorite shots in my honest opinion because I am usually a fan of realism sometimes. So I think it’s pretty good, much pretty than the closeup one. I had no exact issues with this one in particular since it was pretty easy to do and manage.

3. Over The Shoulder Shot.



Over the shoulder is when the camera is facing another character however the camera is behind another characters head and shoulders. This is mostly used for conversations during the film of the movie and to mostly establish the relationship the two characters have. This shot is my least favorite, even though it’s good to establish the chemistry the two characters have, I find it mostly unnecessary. The main issue and problem I have with this shot is that it requires three people to do it, one of them has to hold the camera while the other two have to be positioned specifically for the angle to work. Even though this can be used for good shots, I just don’t really like the fact that it requires three people in order to do a single shot of this angle.

4. Two Shot.



Two shot is when it shows an angle of the two subjects in the screen. Most subjects don’t need to be near each other to consider it a two shot, it can be a certain distance. This shot is used to show an emotional reaction between the two subjects in the frame. I find this shot to be slightly better than the over the shoulder shot, because you don’t require three people in order to make this shot possible, I find the two shot to be versatile than the over the shoulder shot. Because you are able to do many angles and shots with the two shot than the shoulder shot which I find better in my opinion, it also doesn’t really have any issues compared to the over the shoulder shot. The screenshot I took was decent in my opinion at best. 

What I think about this assignment is that I think it’s beneficial in a way because we are able to say our opinions/criticism about the shots we took, along with the issues we can experience when taking certain shots like these. And it can help us improve our performance and can overall help us learn in the future of how we are able to make certain shots better. So I think this assignment helps express how we feel about the shots and angles that we took.



Comments

  1. You only 4 but other than that, You went into deep detail, the angles were accurate, and it is overall a great representation of the angles.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Media Studies